Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
We already have it, actually, and it's what you left out of your list: OSBs.

First, there were OSBs (Overflow Soul Breaks), which dealt a single shot of overflow (can exceed 9999) damage. And there was much rejoicing.

Next, there were AOSBs (Arcane Overflow Soul Breaks), which dealt a sequence of normal hits plus one overflow hit, or three overflow hits in a row, but were usable only once per battle. And there was much rejoicing.

Now, though, we have the successor to these, the Limit Break Overflow Soul Break. This one uses a party-wide meter, and deals overflow damage based on the number of gauge charges consumed. Like AOSBs, this can be used once per fight. Like Syncs, it can be honed. And there was much salt rejoicing.
I didn't include those due to how underwhelming they were in practice. Not a single OSB/AOSB/LBO is really game changing or must have, just a nice pick up for a few characters if you do get them. In fact, all I've heard about LBOs is how much they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
Called it.

Also, there are a couple other high rarity relics released in JP. I'm not *super* keen on these, others please chime in.

Higher rarity LMRs. Like LMRs... but better. For example, instead of a small chance to double cast, guaranteed double cast every other/third ability use.

Also, a combination Glint+/AASB???. First use is free like a Glint+, puts you in a certain mode which lasts 15s, lets you break the damage cap with certain abilities, iirc you use is the second time at the end. Maybe.

Seems like... natural progression.
The new tier of LMRs seems to be what everyone over at Gfaqs is thinking will be released here soon.

Upon looking at the latest fest in JP, there is a new tier of SB being released. True Arcane Augment SBs (TASB). These are awkward looking to use. Breakdown of how they work:

First cast grants you "En-Element, En-Element Stack, Cap Break Level 1 & True Arcane Augment Mode".
It is instant cast and uses 0 SB point, and it has the "Stat Boon" passive.

"True Arcane Augment Mode" grants Cap Break +1/2 only for the second cast.

Second cast requires 3 SB bars (1500 points) to use, has usual 2.5s CT.
2 SB passives are attached to it, one is Cast Time down, the other lowers the cost by 1 SB bar at level 10.
So first use is an instant cast and gives a decent buff called True Arcane Release, granting BLD1 for 15s, and EnElement for 25s.

During this limited time, you have to deal X amount of damage to 'power up' the second buff, which grants BDL2 (maybe some other stuff. Uncertain), BUT when you achieve this threshold, the second cast of the TASB is an AOSB attack.

These of course can be honed up to level 10, at which point the cost of the second cast will only be 2 bars instead of 3.

In short, Syncs are a mishmash of BSBs and USBs, TASBs are a mishmash of Glints and AOSBs.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr
Thinking of attempting Ifrit.
I made a couple attempts at Leviathan after Odin. Didn't go well. 6* seems to be more of the 'start here and work around the wheel' than even 5* were. Doesn't help every clear I see involves Elarra and that's a whole nother rant on how useless she's been for me (despite having AASB, USB1+2, BSB, and Glint). I'll probably just stick with trying to take out Titan first. Only thing I seem to be missing in all the videos I see is Faris' CSB (still only have Zacks chain)