Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
Spells feel a little too... (De)Buff-focused. I was expecting more direct blasting.
Quote Originally Posted by Twelvetrees View Post
The Domain Spells stick out to me the most – I would have expected more smite spells or beatstick spells, given the 4e Runepriest’s style of play. Things like Ensnaring Strike and Blinding Smite come to mind, with a consideration given to Spirit Guardians and Skill Empowerment as well. The last two don’t scream Runepriest nearly as loudly, but there were a number of Prayers that could be represented with them.
Skill Empowerment fits the base class well, but not so much the destruction focus. Rest of this is a godd point.

Aura Of Shattering feels niche-good for an ambush where you know you can alpha them away, but bad in most situations. So definitely not OP.
Out of curiosity, I went back through the 4e Runepriest and looked at the specific benefits granted by the Rune of Destruction in At-Will and Encounter Prayers. I was surprised how many of the benefits were some variation on “you or you allies deal additional damage”. There were a smattering that improved attack bonuses or the ability of your allies to make opportunity attacks, but the majority were pure damage boosts.

I’d be quite interested in seeing your take on a Channel Divinity option with this subclass that allows allies to deal more damage with their attacks. That feels like it would be more in line with the characteristics used to describe the Runepriest:
I was worried this would be broken, but seeing it written out helped and I think the new version captures this okay.

Befuddling Blow shouldn't have the second effect-adjudication nightmare there.
I was really hoping to see more of the Rune of Destruction coming through here, but other than Mark for Boundless Fury being based on the Rune of Boundless Fury, I’m having a difficult time of it. I think Befuddling Blow might be coming from Word of Befuddlement, but it’s a little unclear.
Now that I look at it again, would a knockoff of Flames of Purity work alright?

Channel Divinity: Purging Flame
At 6th level, you can present your holy symbol as an action, choosing a point within 30 feet, which billows out in flames. You choose each creature in a 10-foot-radius sphere centered on that point to be strengthened by the flames or to make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature strengthened by the flames deals additional fire damage equal to your wisdom modifier the next time it makes a weapon attack before the end of your next turn, and has resistance to cold and fire damage for the duration. A creature that fails the saving throw takes 6d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Mark For Boundless Fury feels either too good (Rogues) or not good enough. And in general... I'd like to see it changed. Call it a gut feeling, but it just doesn't FEEL good.
It takes effect on the character's turn. The rogue gets an extra chance to hit rather than an extra sneak attack. What if I it applied off a melee attack, rather than as a bonus action?