Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
The Winterbite glade looks too good to miss, really (only need to get a few exploding sixes on Damage 6 attacks to change the game). Either Oakenbrow or Harvestboon would keep Durthu trucking a little longer, and I could also use Harvestboon to buff the Kurnouths.

For a more competitive context, the Namarti can definitely go: probably boost two units of dryads to 10 and swap the other for some Tree Revenants to teleport around for board control.

The other thing I'm thinking about is lizards. It's surprisingly tricky to write a good lizard list, everything seems to cost about half as much again as you expect:

Slann Starmaster (260)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
Skink Starpriest (120)

10 x Saurus Knights (200)
10 x Saurus Knights (200)
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
20 x Saurus Warriors (180)
20 x Saurus Warriors (180)
20 x Skinks (120)
Bastiladon (220)
Firelance Temple-host (160)
1950pts

The knights get +3" to run and charge when near the Carnosaur, and if I run them as Koatl's Claw they get +1 to hit on the charge and a total of seven attacks (two sets of jaws). Someone suggested losing the second block of Sauruses for another monster, which I like in theory (second bastiladon? Troglodon?) but in practice would mean no spare points for Endless Spells, and while I don't know precisely which ones i'd take, the Slann seems perhaps a little underwhelming without them, forced to use one of his spellcasts a turn on Arcane Bolt or similar. Could lose ten skinks for one I guess.
For Seraphon, Saurus and Carnos are probably the least effective units, sadly. Most competitive lists focus on Skink trickery, big monsters with support, artillery beasts, and magic. While Saurus aren't bad anymore (indeed some of the subfactions make them quite good), they still want to just run up and get stuck in combat, which is much less effective than the other options.

That said, as a FLGS army for fun, I love this style of list. Fast, with some variance, and I really like that Battalion.