1. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Madness of Men in a World of Monsters (D&D 5e IC)

Fanlomen

"Aye. You wait here, I'll go investigate this... foulness you've found." The Chief doesn't waste time, heading off immediately and with surprising speed for his age and infirmity, leaving Fanlomen with a crowd of confused, angry people.

Birel and Set

The Chief arrives after a half hour or so, and quickly surveys the scene. When he enters the kill shed, he comes out of it with ashen features, eyes distant with the horror he has witnessed. "This must be cleansed. If left alone, fiends could enter our world through the weakened barrier created by this ritual. Torch the barn, and tomorrow during daylight I will enact a ritual to wipe away the evil magics of this place. I will go back to the villagers and have the Fullerton's taken into custody. They must be dealt with as well, to prevent this... abomination... from happening again." The Chief's helpers begin lighting torches, obviously meaning to enact his will.

Selissa, Vargath, and Jemriah

The old man cackles again when Jemriah's voice sounds within his head, responding telepathically as well as verbally, though it is much easier to hear the telepathy over the din. "Aye, I'll come with you. But only because I like the cut of your jib, son! Won't you share a drink with me? Don't want to die sober!" The man stands up, takes another drink from his jug, and begins to toddle off the porch and towards you all.

The Chief's helpers agree with Vargath and rush into the home as soon as Ol' Roger is out of the way and begin hurriedly searching the place. They aren't quite as thorough as they were with the other homes, probably due to nerves and the immediate danger, but with all of them searching the place is quickly turned over. No signs of demonic taint. The home was actually quite well kept, making the search even easier. The only thing of note inside was a massive still in a shed adjoining the house.

While the search is going on, Selissa creeps forward and bears witness to the werewolves for the first time. They aren't as hairy as you'd imagine, with larges sections of their body only covered in a light peach fuzz of grey and brown fur. The hair grows longer along their spines, around their shoulders, and over their necks and faces. They stand taller than your average man and much more muscular, with long claws at the ends of their hands that look like they could shred someone to pieces. Their heads are fully transformed into the leering head of a wolf. But more than the shape of their bodies, what strike Selissa is the blood.

These three creatures are covered in each other's blood. As she watches, two of them rush towards each other and clash, tooth and claw attacking each other in rabid fury. Muscle tears, fur is ripped away, and blood flows freely, splashing over both combatants in a burst of extreme violence. Violence that Selissa has not seen since fighting the Horror all those years ago. As they fight, they roar in pain and ecstasy, obviously enjoying the pain, enjoying the blood. They lick it from their lips like sweet wine, even as their bodies are destroyed. She can see the wounds healing slowly even as more are made. The third werewolf stands to the side, panting wildly and watching the fight. It is so heavily wounded that she is not sure it can move very well, apparently out of the fight. The current battle looks like it will soon be coming to an end, but the monsters relish every bite, every claw, every spilling of red. As someone who knows nature, the wood elf can identify this as a struggle to determine the Alpha of the pack. The sheer violence and enjoyment threatens Selissa's mind as the fight for dominance plays out, all three heavily wounded werewolves bathing in glory, pain, and joy in equal measure.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    EDIT- Selissa needs to make a DC 8 Madness check due to extreme violence.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2020-07-12 at 02:19 PM.
    The Bear is Back.