Quote Originally Posted by tiornys View Post
Oops, I got her mixed up with Sarah. You're right, Siuan says, "As for Else Grinwell. . . . I remember the girl. She could have learned, had she applied herself, but all she wanted was to smile at the men at the Warders’ practice yard. Else Grinwell was put on a trading vessel and sent back to her mother ten days ago." Past that I don't think we see her.

All of the Whitecloaks were men but that's not unusual for a military body in the setting. They were extremely antagonistic towards Aes Sedai that I don't remember any particular venom against women in general.
Hmmm, considering the sheer number of women in power in this setting, the fact that the white cloaks had none at any part of their organization, not just the military portion of it, implies there was more to it than just "Girls cant fight!" On top of that, if they do this it will likely trigger a backlash from fans as a change for the sake of change. Im not saying it couldnt be made to work, im sure it could, but why gender bend a character in a series, especially one thats already got a rather massive selection of female characters? This isnt like ghost busters where the only women were the potential girlfriend and the secretary after all.