Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Technically that ended up being a sequel.

The actions of the protagonist and/or villains resulted in the original Mainframe coming back online and they eventually meet BOB, and the Megabite from the reboot is explicitly the same MEgabite from the original show after being upgraded to be able to infect more modern software.

On the other hand, it also depicts the original show as existing in-universe and "The User" from the original show as a game obsessed nerd who immediately drops everything to play a game when his ancient computer spontaneously comes back online.
Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Well, I mean, one of the writers did work on the original show and whenever someone from the original show shows up they seem depicted more or less faithfully, but it also seems to be playing fast and loose with the original continuity. (The Reboot Fanboy is actually played by this writer)

For what it's worth, the second season ends with the Human Villain lost in Cyberspace and Megabite and Hexadecimal taking center stage, so...
I'm so conflicted by all this information.

I'll be honest, I... I just want the Trojan Horse Death Hunt that we were promised and I want it to be The End. We'll never get it, and even if we do the actor for Megabyte is dead so if we got it it won't be perfect, but I just want that final thing to Be Done and then we can just... move on.

That being said rebooting it while keeping a purer spirit then the... above, would be appreciated too.