Quote Originally Posted by Domino Quartz View Post
I am developing a game. The exact sort of game it is is not really relevant to the question I'm asking. However, what is relevant is that I want it to be able to be modified without compiling the .exe again. At the moment, I'm using a .ini file as my configuration file. The problem with that is that because of the complexity of the objects (not a very high level of complexity, but more than just a simple list of values) that get their values from the .ini file, the structure of my .ini file is starting to get a bit clunky. I've come to the conclusion that I need to use a different format, and I kind of like the look of XML. Should I use XML as a format for my configuration files? Why or why not? If not, what else should I use? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
First question: what you considering "configuration", that an INI file isn't up to the task?

For generating the Index of the Giant's Comments; I use an XML file for the necessary information of the entries themselves, another for the overall layout of spoilers/tables/etc., and an INI file for tweaking the actual generation (file names, what version number is considered "current", the character limit of each post, etc.).