Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
"Well, that sounds like an absolutely grand adventure, Lord Captain," Hannabel coos. "Exploring the Egarian Dominion, battling beastly Orks, and stealing back to civilization with Lorcanus Ryn's lost treasure? Surely there's a tale worth telling in all its gory detail! At the dance tonight, perhaps?" she continues, flashing Fel her most impish smile.
Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
'Ah, well my college had been drinking when she heard about that. Shame about the Orks. I've only seen the Egarian ruins in pictures.'
"I'd be delighted," Fel said, "to have a dance with either of you two lovely ladies. I also have some picts from the expedition, if you'd like to see those? A matter for later."

Anika had heard rumors about what a Terrorax was capable of, 'I'm impressed Captain. However did you manage to get it off Burnscour alive?'
"Carefully!" Winterscale laughed, as Felidae lined up her shot. "Webbers, stasis caskets, and we still lost a few armsmen. Burnscour's a terrible place, but the creatures it breeds make some of the finest hunts in the expanse.

Then Felidae fired, and a high-pitched screech from the trees rattled their eardrums. It was quickly joined by an answering screech, and a flurry of movement amongst the foliage. Claws flashed and trees swayed as the monsters, dripping jaws open wide, swarmed up the branches towards the hovering skiffs. It was a good distance to the canopy, though, with nothing but air in between. There was no way for the creatures to reach them, was there?