Quote Originally Posted by MartytheBioGuy View Post
As I'm looking through entries, my mind keeps wandering back to O-Chul's statement in #1042- "If I told him, I don't think he'd believe me either." There's a lot that this could mean. Maybe MitD properly doesn't know what he is, and what he is is incredibly outlandish. Maybe it's just O-Chul's belief that the MitD is good (Lien certainly might not believe it, especially if his species is usually evil). But at least for me it is a line about his identity that I just can't shake.
Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
Thus, I believe that the MITD is a literal manifestation of the concept “You can be whatever you want if you put your mind to it,” and that the Protean is the creature that fits this theme. (Other people have expressed this idea in other posts better than I am here, but searching in threads seems to be somewhat broken right now on the forums, so I couldn’t find those posts.) This also explains why O-Chul doesn’t think the MITD would believe his theory on what he is (if he is correct); for someone who has been as passive as MITD has his whole life, learning he is not just capable of setting his own course, but in fact a creature of great and immense power, capable of virtually anything, would indeed come as a shock.
Aside, I actually really, really would like to see a story-based case for any of the creatures besides the Protean. I couldn't come up with any, myself.