View Single Post

Thread: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    You did. And if you can't answer the second part, not sure anyone can help you.
    lol, what an epic-level misunderstanding! The post you have quoted LITERALLY says:
    Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    the FBS criterion for the Tower Scene is already written the way I'd have done it!
    I'm being perfectly coherent: I said I originally wanted to suggest modifying the STR requirement (in order for Rule #2 to become what I think is the correct and optimal way to put it), then just to make sure, before suggesting any change, I went back to check what the exact actual requirements were, and realized that Rule #2 was already written in what I think is the correct and optimal way to put it. Therefore, when later, some person suggests that Rule #2 isn't already written in what lio45 thinks is the correct and optimal way to put it, clearly, lio45 will react and object to what that person is saying, since he's on record saying he thinks Rule #2 is perfect as it is.

I find it hard to understand how anyone can read the post you quoted and come to any other conclusion than "lio45 obviously doesn't see the point of F, since what F asks for is in fact ALREADY the way Rule #2 is written; therefore Rule #2 as currently written is absolutely correct according to him."

Basically: "I wanted to suggest X, because X is good IMO, but then I double-checked and realized X is already how things are."

And then later: "Huh, someone actually suggested X? So weird (and pointless), given that X is already how things are! And since that's good, no need for a change there. X is the correct way!"

Exactly the behavior you'd expect from someone perfectly logically consistent at all times.

So, in summary: if from my post where I say I don't see what would be the point of F, you went and concluded we should add F to the list of the things to vote on, then obviously, you can remove F whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I should have E before F, in the unlikely event that it winds up mattering.
    F shouldn't even exist, as explained above. (My post against F ended up spawning F on the voting list, somehow.) I guess we can simply remove it, unless that's against the voting rules...? (In which case, no one should vote for it - as I said earlier, if someone does, then I'm really interested in hearing why that person thinks Current FBS Rule #2 isn't perfect as it is!)

(I almost voted !(F, Z) but only picked !Z because it was just cleaner.)

I do agree that E if it passes would generate a lot of voting. I'm really not a fan. (Still think it's marginally better than Z though.)
    Last edited by lio45; 2020-07-17 at 06:44 PM.
    Offer good while supplies last. Two to a customer. Each item sold separately. Batteries not included. Mileage may vary. All sales are final. Allow six weeks for delivery. Some items not available. Some assembly required. Some restrictions may apply. All entries become our property. Employees not eligible. Entry fees not refundable. Local restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Except in Indiana.