View Single Post

Thread: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

1. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by Malloon View Post
    1. (Not quite) E): with the clause mentioned by Crusher that a periodic (or democratically decided) refresher is a must. I'm not going to quibble what form this takes, just that there is one. In fact, since I'd prefer having the FBS to E) without a refresher, it's probably best to call this option F) or G) instead (I can't seem to deduce if F) is taken or not).
    Listed it as E, but clarified that E's specific process will be decided later.

2. Another homebrew. A), but with the caveat that the proposed creature has to plausibly have juvenile versions (aka. not explicitly excluded or have fluff that makes it impossible). So basically replacing FBS condition 6) with "Can plausibly have juveniles". Call it H), or A.2), or whatever.
    Listed it both as G and H in two slightly different configurations. Put you down for G. H is just for my own amusement, though.

No, I'm not doing this to make your life more complicated, Grey Wolf, even if it has that effect. Sorry.
    It is not. Don't worry.

3. Any subset of A), B) or C).
    I don't consider (A,B,C) to be a subset of itself, for probably all the wrong reasons, so I listed it first, then the subset you requested.
    Changed my mind, since A, B, C are all incompatible with each other, so instead I list just what you said.

4. Z), just to torpedo D) or E) (as written) with as much power is bestowed on me.
    Did that, and then went ahead and added !(D, E), given that seems to be your preference.

I'm quite aware that my inventing spree might make me responsible for helping implement my proposed changes should they gain traction. Why do I do this to myself?
    It has happened before. The whole point of delaying the vote was so y'all could give me these things in advance so you wouldn't start at a disadvantage. So this time you only have yourself to blame, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
    Is it just unspoken convention that has traditionally disallowed STR<30 to "satisfy the Tower Scene"?
    Section 1f: MitD's Scores

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Also, i am confused as to why option A has an asterisk on it given that it is a simple removal of one of the FBS requirements, as near as i can tell, while option E, which requires an ill defined new system, does not. The asterisk represents an expectation that people who vote for it come up with whatever it actually requires, yes?
    No, the asterisk indicates that that option triggers my "if you guys vote for this, you better do the hard part of the job" clause
    Voting is binding: if you vote for extra work, be prepared to do the extra work. If extra work is voted for, but no-one does it, the option will be discarded and runner-up will be done instead. Generally, though, I will clearly articulate which options I will expect voters to do if they win, usually on the basis of the effort involved. If I do not say anything, you can assume that I'm happy to implement every option myself.
    I've never had to pull the trigger on this option before now, but I added it back at the very start, because there was a vocal minority asking to divide 3e into a point system where each scene gave a suggestion a point, and then "we" were supposed to tally the points, etc. It look like such a horrendous amount of work that I put in a escape clause that I would be allowed to refuse to do consensus votes that I just could not face. Admittedly, finding all the large monsters that would now be FBS are not quite as bad as that, but it is bad enough I'm giving fair warning that I will NOT be finding them all - I'll expect someone who voted for it to give me the list.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2020-07-17 at 09:52 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est