View Single Post

Thread: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

1. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Are there any? It seems to me that anything that qualified except for the size either had a problem with strength when scaled down enough, which would generally continue to disqualify them due to lacking an explanation for the tower scene, or got voted in on special exception anyway.
    There is at least 2, and likely more. But if I knew, I wouldn't have a problem doing the listing, now would I?

ETA: also, what's this about scaling down the strength? Option A doesn't require it. A Colossal creature with strength 30 would still need to be put in the FBS (assuming the other conditions didn't prevent it, etc. etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    However, I remain a supporter of the FBS list until a better proposal for its replacement comes along.
    As per the above, I think the FBS will be made worse without the size cap. When we introduced it, the FBS had 14 members. Now, some of them probably won't make it back because of mental control, and I'm more strict than I used to regarding strength. But many other suggestions have been added since, many who got dinged on size alone. If as I fear the FBS suddenly ends with 15+ entries, it'll be half as useful as it is today.

ETA: and in case that is not obvious, I have the same problem in reverse with B and F: an FBS with only 3 or 2 entries is not as useful as one with ~6-12.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2020-07-17 at 10:18 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est