1. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

So, card reveals! A bit late on this one but better late than never.

We're getting dual class cards! Each class will be paired with two others, for a total of ten pairings. Each pairing will get four cards, one from each rarity. The space for these dual class cards has been taken from the classes, so each class will get 6 'pure' cards, then 4 from each of their pairings for a total of 14 available cards.

The pairings are:

• Druid/Hunter
    • Hunter/Demon Hunter
    • Demon Hunter/Warlock
    • Warlock/Priest
    • Priest/Paladin
    • Paladin/Warrior
    • Warrior/Rogue
    • Rogue/Mage
    • Mage/Shaman
    • Shaman/Druid

We also have a new keyword, as usual: Spellburst! Spellburst is a minion keyword that is a one time effect that triggers the next time you cast a spell after playing the minion.

Spoiler: Cards
    Show

Cult Neophyte
    Rare Neutral Minion
    2/3/2
    Battlecry: Your opponent's spells cost (1) more next turn.

Devolving Missiles
    Epic Mage/Shaman Spell
    1 mana
    Shoot three missiles at random enemy minions that transform them into ones that cost (1) less.

Clarification: the same minion can be hit 3 times and be devolved to a minion that costs 3 less.

Diligent Notetaker
    Rare Shaman Minion
    2/2/3
    Spellburst: Return the spell to your hand.

First Day of School
    Common Paladin Spell
    0 mana
    Add 2 random 1-cost minions to your hand.

Frazzled Freshman
    Common Priest Minion
    1/1/4
    No card text.

Goody Two-Shields
    Rare Paladin Minion
    3/4/2
    Divine Shield
    Spellburst: Gain Divine Shield.

Lightning Bloom
    Common Druid/Shaman Spell
    0 mana
    Gain 2 Mana Crystals this turn only.
    Overload: (2)

Nature Studies
    Common Druid Spell
    1 mana
    Discover a spell. Your next one costs (1) less.

Onyx Magescribe
    Common Neutral Dragon
    6/4/9
    Spellburst: Add 2 random spells from your class to your hand.

Rattlegore
    Legendary Warrior Minion
    9/9/9
    Deathrattle: Resummon this minion with -1/-1.

Clarification: the 8/8, 7/7, etc. are tokens. If you buff the 9/9 to a 10/10, it will still summon the 8/8 token when it dies.

Shan'do Wildclaw
    Legendary Druid/Hunter Minion
    3/3/3
    Choose One - Give Beasts in your deck +1/+1; or Transform into a copy of a friendly beast.

Transfer Student
    Epic Neutral Minion
    2/2/2
    This has different effects based on which game board you're on.

Troublemaker
    Rare Warrior Minion
    8/6/8
    At the end of your turn, summon two 3/3 Ruffians that attack random enemies.

Wand Thief
    Common Mage/Rogue Minion
    1/1/2
    Combo: Discover a Mage spell.

Wretched Tutor
    Common Neutral Minion
    4/2/5
    Spellburst: Deal 2 damage to all other minions.

Spoiler: Transfer Student Effects
    Show
    Horde: Battlecry: Deal 2 damage.

Stranglethorn: Stealth, Poisonous

Stormwind: Divine Shield

Pandaria: Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +1/+2.

Naxxramas: Deathrattle: Add a random Deathrattle minion to your hand.

GvG: Battlecry and Deathrattle: Add a Spare Part to your hand.

Blackrock: At the end of your turn, reduce the Cost of a random card in your hand by (2).

TGT: Inspire: Draw a Card.

LoE(Excavation): Battlecry: Add a random weapon to your hand.

LoE(Museum): Battlecry: Discover a new Basic Hero Power.

Old Gods: Battlecry: Spend all your mana, summon a minion of that cost.

Karazhan: Battlecry: Add a Karazhan portal spell to your hand.

Mean Streets: Battlecry: Give a random minion in your hand +2/+2.

Un’Goro: Battlecry: Adapt.

Frozen Throne: Deathrattle: Add a random Death Knight card to your hand.

Kobolds: Battlecry: Recruit a minion that costs (2) or less.

Witchwood: Echo, Rush.

Boomsday: Taunt. If you have 10 Mana Crystals, gain +5/+5.

Rastakhan: Rush, Overkill: Draw a card.

Rise of Shadows: Battlecry: Add a Lackey to your hand.

Uldum(Feet): Reborn.

Uldum(Windmill): Battlecry: Add an Uldum plague spell to your hand.

Descent: Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.

Outland: Dormant for 2 turns. When this awakens, deal 3 damage to two random enemy minions.

Scholomance(Not released yet): Battlecry: Add a Dual Class card to your hand.

Spoiler: Additional Information
    Show
    According to an interview, the Demon Hunter/Warlock pairing will get its own mechanic, to represent their soul magic.

For Transfer Student, the current plan by the dev team is to update it with unique effects for each board while it's in Standard, then to give it a generic "Discover a card from x expansion" thereafter. This is not set in stone, just the current plan.

There are two more cards that have been leaked but are unconfirmed. We don't even have names for them:

A 10 mana epic Druid spell that gives all minions in hand, deck, and field +4/+4.

A 1 mana 1/1 epic neutral minion with rush and battlecry: give all friendly minions rush.

And my thoughts, for anyone who cares I haven't touched Standard since AoO released, so these are Wild-only opinions.

Spoiler: Ramblings of a madman
    Show
    Cult Neophyte: me likey. Nice tech card, like a mini Loatheb. I bet this will see a lot of play at first, since everyone hates quest mage, before it sees normal tech card level play.

Devolving Missiles: whyyyyyy. Shaman already has devolve and probably won't want this, but I'm not looking forward to Mages generating 87 of these.

Diligent Notetaker: interesting card, not sure what would want it. Maybe Even Shaman plays it to dupe crackles? Idk

First Day of School: yeah, no idea about this one. Paladin isn't in a great place right now and what decks do exist don't want it. Maybe a value generator for Pure Pally? Doubt this sees play

Frazzled Freshman: overstatted one drop! The only Priest archetype that would ever consider this is Divine Spirit/Inner Fire Priest, and that deck is non-existent in wild. Doubt we'll see much of this any time soon

Goody Two-Shields: interesting concept, but kinda hard to pull off because of the 2 health. I think your best bet is to give this rush somehow, then restore the divine shield. Pure Pally might like this, but idk

Lightning Bloom: ...ahem...
    BLIZZARD WHAT THE ****
    Ok, I'm a Druid main, I'm excited to have more broken cards for my combo decks, but there was a reason innervate got nerfed. The overload doesn't mean jack because the Druid will probably win the turn they play this, whether it's part of a combo or because they played Spreading Plague on turn four against Pirate Warrior. Big Shaman will love this because now they can do their big minion cheating even earlier, we're talking turn 2 or even turn 1 Ancestor's Calls.

Oh, I forgot to mention that it is now possible for us druids to win on turn 1. Before the opponent ever gets to play anything. It's a hell of a highroll to be sure, but it is entirely possible.

I'd recommend not dusting a single copy of this, cuz it's gotta get nerfed. If it doesn't, I'll eat the hat that I don't own. This card is gonna make Wild cry, and I'm sure it'll wreak havoc on Standard, too.

Nature Studies: Primordial Glyph 2: Electric Boogaloo. Card is cheaper, and the discount applies to any spell, not just the one you discover. Wild lists are tight, but the possibility of finding another Spreading Plague against aggro or more card draw against other decks means this card might find it's way into lists.

Onyx Magescribe: ...eh? In Wild, this card is too expensive for what it does really, especially since it requires the additional spell activation. Most decks that'd want something like this would just run Cobalt Spellkin instead

Rattlegore: this card will not see play in Wild. Aggro decks will just ignore it while punching you in the face(if you even live long enough to play it in the first place), and combo decks will be comboing by the time you play this. If it had taunt, it might be meaningful, but since Warrior doesn't have many way to cheat stuff out early like Shaman does, it still wouldn't be great.

Shan'do Wildclaw: meh a lot of people want beast decks to work, but they just... don't. Beast Hunter is kind of a thing, so maybe they'll want this, but it also interferes with Master's Call, so... this card's best bet is probably just for the copying option, maybe in Reno Hunter with Dinotamer Brann, or some kind of Druid combo with a beast minion. Maybe the other Druid/Hunter cards will be more beast synergies that will give this card a bit more hope.

Transfer Student: a wildcard. Reno decks who want more 2 drops might run this, since even its worst options are still decent, but it might just be too inconsistent. Other decks likely won't want this

Troublemaker: it's big, it's mean, and it's got nowhere it fits. Warrior just isn't a slow class in Wild and 8 drops aren't fast enough. Though, seeing stuff like this and Rattlegore makes me wonder if we're going to start seeing some big warrior support soon.

Wand Thief: 'created by' quest mage will probably like this card. Easy for it to activate the combo, and it generates more stuff for them to do quest mage things with. Rogue is kinda ded in Wild, though. I guess burgle rogue might like this?

Wretched Tutor: don't think it'll see too much play, but it's not bad. Betting this will see play in Libram Exodia Paladin as a combo with Libram of Justice. Doubt it'll fit much of anywhere else.
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2020-07-20 at 01:21 PM.

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!