1. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread VIII

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    A rogue elder brain certainly might, and others might be convinced it's a reasonable plan, at least for a while - but by the time the dead sun reached Severe status, it's likely that conventional illithid communities would consider the Brood to be of significant concern and the method too risky for the goal. Remember that illithids don't care for the Far Realm, and that while they love creating new crossbreeds and modified creatures, it's to serve as thralls - the uncontrolled and infectious Brood would be a source of particular alarm.
    That's kind of what I was thinking -- illithids want to turn off the sun for their own comfort. Llymic's 'freezing realm of darkness and madness' might be a bit much for their ordered lifestyle, and if the surface-dwellers are converted into Brood Spawn, they've got a serious food problem; their cities don't carry enough slaves and thralls to feed them well. They need a healthy surface population to raid. Just because it'll work doesn't mean it's a good plan. Ah well; it was a neat idea while it lasted.

I think in the past you've said that in your played version of the Forgotten Realms setting, the Chosen are depowered; can you elaborate on that a bit, or point me to a place where you've done so before?
    Last edited by QuickLyRaiNbow; 2020-07-21 at 07:29 PM.
    In-character problems require in-character solutions. Out-of-character problems require out-of-character solutions.