1. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: afroakuma's Planar And Other Oddities Questions Thread VIII

Do you really think that the sort of bible swinging fanatic who let themselves be fooled by renaming a daemon a yugoloth knows that "Gehenna" is the Jewish counterpart of Hell?
    Guess not.

I'll just let Afro from the 1st thread do the introductions:

Speaking of Tharizdun, what exactly is he that makes the other gods quake in there boots?
    A dreadful bore. Seriously, if you ever have dinner with the guy, you'll want to throw him in a Demiplane of Imprisonment too. Doesn't help that he argues about his cut of the bill when the time comes to pay up.

Oh wait, you meant the other Tharizdun.
    Wow! Now this is... really scary! As before, interesting to read articles like this.

One part of the long quote reminded me of a question I wanted to ask long ago, but kept forgeting.

It is now believed that the wraithlike deity was an aspect of Tharizdun
    So, this is my question. Not about this specific aspect, but the general idea. For example, Sharess is goddess of lust is considered to be an aspect of Shar, goddess of darkness. How is it possible, that both exist as characters or entities, have a physical form on Outer Planes and each with separate consciousness, but still one is a aspect aka a part of another? I mean, in Planescape cosmology deities are actually people, very powerful, but still people who behave like people, though in some cases their alignments are much more extreme then those of mortals. How can a person have aspects who have their own consciousness?
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-07-23 at 08:00 AM.