View Single Post

Thread: Tales of Neutral Ground IC

1. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Neutral Ground IC

Gryphon reaches down from his mount to help hoist Raz back up into the saddle. These human are crawling ceaselessly over one another like worms after a thunderstorm. If my dog Fireball! was here they would scatter before us and show us the proper deference we deserve.

As they trot through the slim openings they can find in the crowd the young wizard keeps a mental note of how much time has past and how much longer his shadowy steeds will remain corporeal.

When the two magicians appear at the edge of the building screeching at one another before they begin their incantation Gryphon mentally rolls his eyes. Bloody Hells, what is this? Amateur night? This city has an unlimited supply of dilettantes to throw at me today.

As the magicians throw out their verbal and somatic components Gryphon holds the tenebrous reins in his left hand and slowly raises his right hand up, with his palm inward, and clenches his fist. As he closes his hand the flickers of silver light crack, crumble and begin to disintegrate. Whatever faint silver glow that flickers in the air is drawn inexorably into Gryphon’s clenched fist like water spiraling down a drain. With a final squeeze of his hand the last of their spell is extinguished.

As the party rides onward away from the “spellcasters” Gryphon addresses them. I have absolutely no time to waste shutting down what you think passes for magic today. Turn around, go home, kiss you wives or husbands and pray that today ends quickly because; I swear to whatever divinity you hold dear, I will Conjure Shadows to tear the souls from your wretched bodies. Bodies that are worth less than the obsidian I will use to reanimate them as my bootlicking slaves.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gryphon casts Counterspell
    Last edited by (Un)Inspired; 2020-07-24 at 01:33 AM.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks