View Single Post

Thread: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

1. - Top - End - #1193
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Twofold Houses 5: Rebuilding

[Evening VIGIL]

"I know, I know,"
    Adir tries to reassure, pushing forward to insinuate himself between the kids and the door. "Listen. If this thing can just appear anywhere... I need to finish this." Adir looks at Sakura hard. She hasn't seen him like this in a long time. She might not even notice he's pressing a knife into her hands until the hilt bumps her fingers. As hard as he looks, there's pain in his eyes that has nothing to do with his wounds. It feels wrong, pressing a weapon into Sakura's hands, like he's stealing a little much-needed innocence out of the world in a single simple stroke. He hates this feeling... and he knows it's what needs done. "Take it. If it gets past us, or... or moves like that again... aim for the face."

He doesn't wait for a reply or a rejection - he can't afford to. The moment Sakura closes a hand around the knife, he's off like a shot, onto the balcony and then up it. His leg aches and pumps blood as he climbs the house to the roof. There are plenty of handholds, at least. The house is old and decorative. Unlike the boogie, the clay shingles probably crinkle and crack under him.

The stag tries to get himself steady on the slant of the rooftop, feeling the night wind, tasting the air. He looks at the spot Sarget hit. Did the treant get him?
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-07-24 at 03:22 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters