View Single Post

Thread: Tales of Neutral Ground IC

1. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Neutral Ground IC

When Raz returns his weapon, Maugrim gives the shifter a solemn nod. "You have my thanks, for keeping it safe." Even as the horses continue to make the inexorable approach to Thronehold - its pale towers now visible above even the grander rooftops at this distance - the former commander keeps his full attention on the words and wards exchanged between you. The tightness of his gaze and the set of his shoulders tell you that there is to be no more obfuscation of your purpose.

"To be clear," he calls out loudly over the clipping of hooves on stone, "we are to launch a ground assault against a fortified position - one that our enemy has had time to prepare with both mages and undead? Your archer has the right of it: pulling our punches will only leave us bleeding on the ground. Even if you aren't lying and the men we are about to face are truly enforcing the law, then they knew the risks when they signed. I will not resign my life for theirs."

Maugrim is silent for only a moment longer, gripping the polearm in his hands tight enough that his knuckles whiten. "Whoever you are, whatever your purpose, I surmise from these circumstances that you are facing this danger on my account. If so, then I am truly in your debt. What honour remains to me, I owe to you."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2020-07-26 at 04:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."