Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
So what hero abilities are the key ones to get? I've gotten Rem's because I have her Sync and Awakening and she's an absolute beast with it if those are both running. Other than her though I haven't really spent much on record boards (usually just the first couple of squares for some people to get speed or some HP) and I'm trying to figure out who should go next. I seem to use Tyro on almost all my teams, his says it increases SB generation. Is it equivalent to Wrath in terms of that? I usually use him as an entruster and maybe some added damage would be nice.
I'd say the ones that add to your team composition.

I only have two Hero Abilities. One is Onion Knight's Onion Wizardry, and the other is the THUNDER GOD HERO ABILITY. Onion's HA is formidable because it provides access to four elements (Fire, Water, Wind, Earth), is Black Magic (so it can be used with his phy!LMR and MCP* Wake), and it's quite strong. Thus, I can use it to provide Onion with a solid attack on Earth, Fire, Water and Wind teams, which maximizes his utility. With Orlandeau, it's because there's a lot of teams with Knights, and this frees up a "slot" regarding the abilities they can use, plus it has a rare element combo (Holy/Dark/Earth) and is a Knight skill, so it works with both his LMR1 and his THUNDER GOD AWAKENING. Both are solid additions to my teams. I plan, as soon as it arrives, to get enough Anima Lenses+ to get Terra's HA, since I already fully dived her. Fire/Wind means she's good for Fire and Wind teams, and also frees up a slot for someone else to use Meltdown.

That said: there are some that could be considered must-haves. Lenna's Tycoon Cure is one, since it's a Medica with Ninja casting. Tyro's Judgment Grimoire is omni-elemental and has a Lifesiphon-esque SB gauge buildup, and it's Support so it works well with his USB3 and Wake. Shadow's Shadow Fang is 5 hits, with the last hit ignoring Defense, but it has perfect accuracy so it never fails. Rem's Siphon Sphere has a Smart Ether 1 effect when used twice, meaning it either recovers your other ability or essentially compensates its uses, so you technically get up to 15 uses if you max it. All of these have effects that are considerably better than your usual "deal X hits of X elements to one creature", even if they have some good effects tacked in. I also heard Rydia's Summoner's Band is great because it's SUM, and therefore has a minimum damage count.