View Single Post

Thread: Refluffing a Shield

1. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Refluffing a Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarii View Post
    That's the kicker for most people. If it can be counter spelled or dispelled, their suspension of disbelief in something being a mundane 'refluff' is broken.

In this case, if it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't be able to hold or use the hand with the fluffy-shield-glove. Or it couldn't be dropped as an object interaction. Etc.
    I mean...it still can. Counterspell could be interfering with the internal mechanisms of that special grenade you're using. And trust me, I'm about as unconcerned with fluff and such as it gets. But why bother removing a player's creativity for something that, in the end, won't really matter.

Rule number 1 of fluff should always be if its preventing creativity, change the fluff to suit your needs. Druids are fluffed to be nature lovers? Screw that, your Druid was a city boy that loved gardening. Never been on a nature hike once in his life.

That +1 shield is a shield? Screw it, make it an awesome cloak add-on that reinforces said cloak to be usable as a shield, provided you use it as such.
    Last edited by sithlordnergal; 2020-08-07 at 03:53 PM.