Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
Spoiler: Chapter 22
Show
Rei? No. The appropriate response would be to calmly ask hat the hell he's talking about. Try to shake his confidence by making him question his grasp of the situation.

Or set his testicles on fire. That is quite an effective solution to the current predicament.

Rei needs to learn how to quick-draw for this exact situation.

"What makes you think I'm alone?" would be a more impressive line if things had gone according to plan, methinks.

Ella's family has magic books.

Aria clearly senses Ella's power level.

You know, since so much of Kestral's power is based on the manipulation of blood via molecular iron in the bloodstream/cells, if Ella had trained properly she'd probably been the best person to stop him.

...I wonder if this is gonna be a case of "fighting against this is making it worse?" I mean, if Ellasimply tasting blood makes her crave more... Maybe she just needs to drink a little blood every mow and then? I recall a Dresden Files book that has Harry and Thomas running on the beach, the topic comes tovampiric feeding and how Thomas limits his feeding to only small, bare amounts, and then to make a point as soon as they're done running and Harry takes a sip from his water bottle Thomas knocks it out of his hands. "That's what it's like." Maybe she needs a certain ammount of blood, has gotten used to being "hungry" and when she indulges just a tiny bit suddenly she realizes how "hungry" she is and has to fight to keep from fully indulging?

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Ohh, what does the blank eyes mean?

What is the umbrella made of? A regular one would have broken before the table did.

...Five years ago? When the night club burned down?

...Aria, you know as well as I do that that's not gonna get the message across. Cutting abloody swath through ONY and leaving Lord Orochi a criplled wreck might just barely make them consider it.

Normalizing abuse?

Orochi and everyone who agrees with him needs to die.

That's a death flag.

It's a bit concerning that Verde is enjoying this. God damn she is the vegeta.

Verde's strangest spell is "razor?"

And she's smiling as she passes out. Get a therapist girl, that's not healthy.

Of course, Verde and Gamma actually being there would have been more effective, but a bluff to lead someone into a trap works just as well.

...Yeah, that are is disturbing and visceral.
Spoiler: Chapter 22
Show
I still feel like Rei's badass line works because Chloe is here. Also I'm shocked no one has mentioned that when Rei is thinking about all this, she refers to Chloe mentally as someone she loves, in a round about way. "Pride in knowing she’d found the one little thing he’d missed that would swing things in her favor, and love for the person that would do just that."

Interesting insights on Ella. Also the second time some of my writing has been compared to the Dresden Codex. Should I check that series out, do you think?

I forget how obvious it gets across in Verde's part of things, but the blank eyes on the mnemonic puppet's is meant to indicate when they're focusing on combat. Aria has now made it clear she is getting in the way of its task, so it is time to kill.

Five years ago is how long ago the night club burned down, yes. Also when Rei and Chloe's friendship went bad. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Verde is... kind of Vegeta-y, yeah. She's an extremely good lancer, if that makes sense.

I'll admit, Raisermesser is mean playing around with language a bit. It's not razor, razor is more commonly translated as just Raiserer. Raisermesser means something more akin to razor-blade, but can also mean cutthroat. The intent of the spell is that it's meant to be a violent, singular razor-edged blade of wind.