[Lakeside Sit]

Geneva almost wonders if that weak defense of Sekhmet's is an intentional flaw to make it easier for her mother to control her.

Or maybe she's just an absolute glass cannon by nature? Geneva really doesn't have enough experience with people from Sekhmet's world to make any sound assessment.

"I usually think of it as rejecting sensations and thoughts that I know are false. They aren't mine. They're being imposed on me. Once that's acknowledged then it's a matter of mustering the psychic discipline to reject them," Geneva explains. "They're lies, sort of. And by meditating on the truth you're free of them. One technique that really helps with mental defense is called Amnesia. You clear your mind of thoughts, that way when thoughts DO enter your mind you can instantly recognize and guard against them."

Geneva is talking about pokemon moves here.

She's got quite a range of them to draw from, many involving bolstering herself and passing that resilience to her friends.

"I don't think you would be able to use that exact technique since you aren't a pokemon, but with a little bit of practice I think you could probably accomplish something functionally similar."

Practice practice practice seems to be the name of the game.

"Though... I do have another idea. Something to help in case we're expecting to have to confront your mother,"
Geneva says. "If we have advanced warning I could Synchronize us again. That way she isn't just dealing with you. She's dealing with me, too."