View Single Post

Thread: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

1. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

It's a bizarre thought, but... Could he be an amnesiac worm that walks?

I mean, they have spellcasting and it would explain how he understood the half a ritual just by looking at it.

They at least have the potential to know how to cast teleport.

They know the languages they knew but rarely speak so it would be surprising to hear them speak common.

They're made up of thousands of insects. Explains the circus scene.

They have frightful presence so that would explain "STOP! ...Please."

They have the DR and fast healing for the Miko scene, along with immunity to crits and sneak attack.

Could cast earthquake I guess. never mind this one, earthquake in 3.5 is a cleric spell.

As an epic creature with spellcasting it could've been on the astral at some point in its former life.

Would explain why he's attracting roaches, assuming that wasn't just a joke.

Only issues I see are:

1. They're not born in the usual sense... But MITD could be remembering who they once were when they spoke of their father, or something.
    Edit: even weirder thought, or a worm that walks could have cast some sort of epic spell that caused it to procreate another worm that walks.

2. A sorcerer or wizard is highly unlikely to have the strength score necessary to punch another person through a stone wall, but it's not entirely impossible and could explain the meaning of fine line.(assuming it means anything) If the wizard/sorcerer he was in life was an otherwise unremarkable human that just so happened to have a huge strength score...

3. A strict reading of no discernible anatomy would mean they don't technically have eyes or a mouth, but I've seen some depictions where they have what looks like them.
    Last edited by JennTora; 2020-08-12 at 07:18 AM.