View Single Post

Thread: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

1. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: MitD XV: The Other Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I have the general feeling is that he's a child below adolescence. He behaves childish, wants a secret club that girls can't join, breaks his toys, throws an earthquake tantrum to get more toys, wants to bet with monopoly money. Oh, and he wants to conform to adults. Adolescents rebel against their adult guardians. But I wouldn't give too much certainty to this, because the MitD may be a creature with development stages unfamiliar to us and raised in an unusual environment.
    Yeah, I agree with this. There's also the tea party, which is even its own trope apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TV Tropes
    What it boils down to is that almost nobody older than a year or two beyond the child in question ever goes to play tea party willingly and must be coaxed, coerced, blackmailed or forced into it one way or another.
    Of course, MiTD could simply be immature for his age. I guess a lot of it depends on how much weight you give to his reaction to watching dwarf sex through the crystal ball (comic #82). If I recall correctly that's the main scene that makes him an immature adolescent rather than simply a child, though there are other bits and pieces (e.g. Rich being opposed to children having stats).
    Last edited by catagent101; 2020-08-14 at 07:18 PM.
    mew