1. - Top - End - #758
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing, Part 3: The Assassination of my Wallet by the Cowardly Sale

Beat BotW this morning.

I'd say that the last dungeon was the most fun I've had doing a dungeon in any video game, ever. Between the hidden legendary weapons on racks or held by statures, or badguys "eating" in the dining room making them easier to sneak up on, or the fact that the clever use of Malice walls blocking off later levels of the castle until you take the "scenic route" to open up the interior as a shortcut.

It has multiple avenues for progress, whether that meant sneaking around sentries on the outside, finding secret entrances behind waterfalls, or going through the meat grinder by just stomping through the front door.

The boss fight, like most BotW boss fights, was disappointing. The final boss isn't any harder than a Lynel.

Had you pitted two generic Lynels against Link as the final boss, it would have been something that most Dark Souls players would find impossible.

Instead, we got a creepy spider Ganon thing that has 10 weapons but 4 attacks, and a giant Ganon boar boss that stands there until you hit 10 large bullseyes on his body while riding a horse and using a bow with infinite ammo.

I spent more HP recovery items against a single Guardian Turret on the outside of the castle.

Ending was disappointing, but the game was good up till then.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2020-08-15 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!