So, tried to play Soul Calibur 6 online today, and ran headfirst into an annoying reality of the game: it just does not have many players. After a half-hour searching for matches on ranked where I found only one, I went and checked in the only other online mode, the lobbies. There were a few, but only a couple where the players had decent connections to me. I played some rounds there, but the thing that I hate about those kinds of lobbies quickly reared its head - if you lose, you need to wait through a bunch of other peoples' matches in order to play again. Sometimes I'm okay with that, but normally I just want to play as much as possible, and that gets in the way of it a lot, especially when I'm coming back to a game I haven't played in almost two years, and was never that good at to begin with.

Also, doesn't help that the game was not even allowing me to spectate the other players' matches some of the time. Can't figure out why - it just sometimes let me and sometimes didn't, no apparent rhyme or reason I could see. Gets pretty boring just sitting there staring at nothing, waiting for the other players' match to finish.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll even bother trying again. Which is a shame, I just bought 2B and one of the DLC character creator packs they put out, and was enjoying that character and made some new customer characters that I like. And I'm definitely happy with the option to turn off outfit destruction they added recently. But if I just can't get matches except in a lobby system that's going to make me wait an extra 5-10 minutes (or more, depending on how many people are in the lobby) in between matches, what's the point?