1. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Updated through 1211
    Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Kraagor (as statue), Minrah Elle Shaleshoe (as Large Size), Redcloak

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Yes, but the first time Minrah died, it caught everyone by surprise, even though it should have been obvious. I won't make that mistake again. This is the last book, so someone has to die. Belkar will, but there will probably be more victims. Elan and Haley probably won't die because of the prophecy. Roy may die, but not before he defeats Xykon. Minrah chose to go to the place where there will probably be a big final confrontation with Xykon and Redcloak, and is actively helping Durkon. She's underleveled and not as developed as a character. Durkon, Minrah, and Vaarsuvius are all prime candidates to die, they could deliberately heroically sacrifice themselves to accomplish something, or just die in the ensuing fight. But Vaarsuvius and Durkon will probably only die later in the comic, whereas Minrah is less protected by the narrative, she could die any time. I wouldn't be too surprised if Redcloak killed him in the next panel. Redcloak may still be in the middle of the effect of his Implosion spell, in which case he can freely target Minrah the next turn. But even if he isn't, he probably has another level 9 spell prepared and some other ways to fight.
    Narratively speaking, I don't think Minrah has done quite enough yet to justify her presence in Book 7, so I'll be quite surprised if she dies now (unless Durkon raises her, which now that I think about it seems fairly likely).

Durkon has died twice already, and his ending is already muddied by the fact that he has messy-but-important responsibilities to grow into back at home. It seems really unlikely that he'll die for good during this book.

Besides Belkar, V seems like the only member of the Order who might plausibly die a permanent death in this book. I think Elan, Haley and Roy are all probably protected by Elan's prophecy; an ending in which Haley is killed would be a tragedy for Elan, and one in which Roy dies would be bittersweet at best. I guess Minrah could die, but probably not yet.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2020-08-18 at 10:29 PM.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.