I'll admit that my opinion is entirely based on one episode. I don't have the subscription to watch the rest, so that's all I have to work with. That's what they chose to entice me to buy into the rest of the series, so that's what I formed my opinion on. Is it fair? Absolutely not. Do other Star Trek series also have crew members antagonise each other? Yes, I'll admit that.

With TOS though, it was made 50-some years ago; it was a different era. The casual ribbing between coworkers and mild racism was a product of its time. Pulaski and the crew's/Starfleet's prejudice in TNG was used for drama, and they usually learned something by the end of the episode. I don't recall it ever being used for comedy the way the first episode of Lower Decks used it.

Now, I'm not saying that Lower Decks shouldn't have the characters mess with each other once in a while. It can be done well, and that kind of humor would fit better in a comedy series anyway. My problem is that they overdid it in the first episode, and that's what turned me off. To me, it didn't feel like coworkers who have been working together for years just messing with each other in good fun, like the kind of thing we got in TOS. It felt like she was a dangerous, reckless person who didn't respect her team and knew she could get away with it because she wouldn't face any consequences. Or, if not that, she just didn't care. That's a bully, not a friend, and it's not the kind of humor I enjoy.

Maybe she gets better in later episodes. Maybe her character arc is about learning to respect the people she's around and toning down her reckless behavior. I hope so! That would be a great way to get me to watch more. Unfortunately, they released that one episode for free as a way to draw me in and subscribe to see how the rest of the series plays out. I didn't like their brand of humor, and thus didn't see the potential from that one episode, so it's not worth it to me to buy the subscription.