Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
The implication I've gotten so far is that she hasn't been drummed out of Starfleet solely because of her parentage, though why she joined to begin with or hasn't quit yet is beyond me.
Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Flumph View Post
Considering her Mom was the one trying to bust her, that wasn't the implication I got. And Mariner does seem to legitimately believe in Starfleet's mission. I don't think it's antithetical to love the organization you're in while been fed up with the people running it.
Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Wasn't the mom trying to pass her off to the dad, who ducked out of it? (bytheway, that scene, especially the dad signing off, encapsulates the kind of humor I hate and find particularly unfunny)
The impression I got was Admiral Daddy has been pulling strings to keep Mariner in Starfleet and had her posted on the Cerritos so Captain Mommy could keep an eye on her. I can't imagine Starfleet placing someone on a ship commanded by their parent without some Admiral intervening. Captain Mommy, however, wants her off the ship and possibly out of Starfleet.