View Single Post

Thread: Star Trek: Lower Decks

1. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Do you know what the trouble is?

The trouble is Earth. On Earth there is no poverty, no crime, no war. You look out of the window of Starfleet Headquarters and you see paradise. Well it's easy to be a saint in paradise.
    The person you are quoting is someone who gets under my skin for he is pure SLIME.

1) He betrays people for it is the easy way out.
    2) Then he rubs his betrayal in their faces and says they deserved to be betrayed.
    3) What motivates him is not higher ideals, or he is fine with transgressing against others, betraying them, for the sake of a higher ideal. (I am sorry I betrayed you, but I am doing this for the greater good.)
    4) No what motivates him is some form of recognition, he needs to have praise, to create a self-image he feels he is lacking, he needs to have his points, he is very narcissistic in his own fashion.

Since he has no foundation, no foundational anchor his critique is empty for it is merely self serving. The season 4 scene from Way of the Warrior with Quark and Garak talking about the federation, root beer, and seduction / salvation is a far better scene.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-08-22 at 03:52 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele