Thread: Star Trek: Lower Decks

1. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Peelee. Quite right. My mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    No worries. It's pretty common (also mispronunciations IRL, usually making me a Brazilian sports superstar). I don't often correct people, but I was making a list and it amused me to include that in the list.
    [Don't forget about Wookiee]

Regarding the show--

Having not watched anything, but read about it, i have mixed interest. I feel like that they could do a decent type version, if they explored certain things (Orion women and if they can have more than just the sexuality) (Dysfunctional Starfleet officers -- striving for heroism)

The thing is, when i heard about the Orville and how it was supposed to be the guy who was doing either Southpark or Simpsons, i was pretty unimpressed since i don't care for either show. Then there was maybe family guy was what he did? which i also don't care for either. So, possibly based on who does this and how that was, will definitely see how i feel about this.

I like the parody of Galaxy quest, because it poked fun and had good actors and you knew that they were riffing TOS. Everything about the main character getting his shirt ripped, etc. So it was funny, because it was a comedy, and i think tim allen could be a good comedian

For Voyager and Enterprise, i was less than impressed at times. Both dropped much of their premise with little thought to how it didn't make it good as a result. Voyager should not have turned into TNG 2.0 or TNG Redux but with less clarity. I am ashamed to say that i kept watching it disappoint deciding early on that i didn't care if everyone dies before they even make it home or even if they get home. i liked the parts where they were able to talk to home, and some other parts, but most of the show is/was a mess.

Enterprise had its own problems of the time cold war and the stupid of the xindi. Instead of doing a buildup to war with the romulans. then there was trying to Trekify a pre-trek period. Why does Archer employ the prime directive? Shouldn't there have been episodes where the actions slowly lead to Starfleet developing the prime directive?

I didn't watch discovery and haven't seen picard.

as for this show, I think that it could have potential, but nothing about the characters stand out to me as really compelling beyond the Orion girl. i mean, nothing that i have read sounds like something that would make me want to watch more.

It is currently just getting started though, and most of Trek took some time to get settled (Not quite with DS9, since that show had some pretty solid characters to start with; Odo (felt like they should have a made a spinoff of Odo and Garak playing detective buddies/buddy cop show), Garak (big favorite of mine), Quark (Move along Home is one of my favorite DS9 episodes, and i like several of the other ferengi episodes), Rom, Nog, Kira, Jadzia; who could have more interesting stories to tell)

But if the show is going to take its cues from the Orville, then i think that i will be checking out.
    Last edited by russdm; 2020-08-24 at 10:29 PM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)