Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
[Don't forget about Wookiee]
Misspellings of "Peelee" I rarely correct. Misspellings of "Wookiee" I always correct.

Interestingly, I haven't really had to do it terribly much of late. I suspect your sig may have something to do with it. In which case, huzzahs for russdm!
I like the parody of Galaxy quest, because it poked fun and had good actors and you knew that they were riffing TOS. Everything about the main character getting his shirt ripped, etc. So it was funny, because it was a comedy, and i think tim allen could be a good comedian
Eh, Tim Allen was the weakest part of the movie. Frankly, the fact that he played an overbearing ******* was mostly what made me enjoy him in that (aside from it being a wry commentary on Shatner).
Enterprise had its own problems of the time cold war and the stupid of the xindi. Instead of doing a buildup to war with the romulans. then there was trying to Trekify a pre-trek period. Why does Archer employ the prime directive? Shouldn't there have been episodes where the actions slowly lead to Starfleet developing the prime directive?
As someone who really liked Enterprise, the Temporal Cold War was an enormous mistake as a storyline and those would be the worst episodes in the entire series, if not for the Xindi storyline which quite impressively managed to be even worse. Early seasons best episodes were the ones that highlighted that there was no Starfleet, there was no prime directive, and issues that arose thereof (also Phlox-heavy episodes, he was a fantastic character).

They couldn't really do much to build up to the Romulans, though, since in TOS the Federation largely didn't even know what the Romulans looked liked, much less anything else about them (Vulcans aside).