1. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    The sad part is, she really doesn't fit into a XV team. She's the only mage character in the realm, the only water element of a (mostly) Lightning/Fire focused realm, and she's rather unreliable as a main healer. Pair with her AASB and she'll wreck on a mage water team though.
    Sadly, I don't have her Awakening. Or, actually, anything else for her. What I do have are two things:
    • A main healer for XV. My Iris is solid. I have her USB and her BSB. I should probably get her W-Cast LMR at some point. But she's still an extremely capable healer.
    • A chain for XV. Yes, I have Ignis' Realm Chain. Which means that, in-realm, the PHY/MAG distinction is functionally moot, as I have a built-in Boost/Faith/Hastega ready to go.

So, I theoretically could bring her along. It might be overkill, since I have a Sync, Awakening, and AOSB for Noctis, an Awakening for Gladio, and a Glint+ and USB for Prompto. Although, frankly, Prompto is absurdly overspecialized, in that both his Glint+ and USB are Imperil Lightning, and nobody else is using Lightning abilities (except Noctis if I decide to completely ignore one of the best Syncs in the game). But I could technically slot her in for somebody and - as long as I keep Noctis for Sync, Ignis for Chain and Iris for heals - see no reduction in efficacy.

Probably ditch Prompto. Stupid Prompto.

You're right, though, she might work well on a Water MAG team. Which reminds me, I really need to work the kinks out of that one. I think my current Water MAG setup includes Rydia (AOSB), Lulu (Water/Ice USB), Strago (Chain, USB, Awakening), Onion Knight (because I have no idea, shut up), and Lenna (because she's basically the best healer I have now). I could... probably replace Rydia, ironically enough. Replace my Earth Sync SUM with a Water Sync SUM. That's funny.

Grats on your FFBE pull, Oskar!

EDIT: In all the excitement, I forgot about all these Realm/Element pull tickets! Here we go!
    Spoiler
    Show
    First pull! Wind banner! Two discos!
    • Ultima Blade: Celes' AOSB! Sadly a dupe.
    • Ancient Blade: Terra's Wind Awakening! And it's new! Nice!

Feeling good. Wind again! Two discos again!
    • Onion Knight's Guise: OK's EX USB. A dupe.
    • Stardust Rod: OK's Awakening. Sadly a dupe.

Message received. New element - Ice! Three discos this time!
    • Killer Knuckles: Eight's USB. Not bad. Also, new. Also, what even is Type-0?
    • Frostflash Staff: Vivi's Ice/Lightning Awakening! Oh, Hells to the yes! And it's new!
    • Warrior's Emblem: Snow's Awakening! It's new! And Snow is still terrible!

Feeling really good. Ice again! One rainbow, one disco!
    • Minerva Bustier: Not the one you think! Fran's BSB. New, but mostly pointless.
    • Cloud Staff: Vivi's USB! Nice, but a dupe.

One more, because I have a problem! Ice again, one disco!
    • Gaia Gear: Matoya's USB! It's new, and honestly, I really need some decent FFI gear.

Free stuff is free stuff! Also, some Awakenings.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-08-26 at 09:57 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!