Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
The thing about Rain is that, aside from the rare Beyond events, he won't have synergy, which limits his endgame usage. Additionally, if you don't get a lot of stuff for him on this banner, it is unlikely you'll ever see more. However, he may have some efficacy in elemental teams.

With regard to his Sync, here's what I could find.
  • The initial attack: Rain deals 15 PHY Fire/Earth/Non attacks and goes into Sync mode, that's simple enough. He also increases his damage cap level, also standard. He also goes into two additional modes - Twin Element Mode III, and Vagrant Knight Mode. Twin Element Mode appears to be your typical "pick one" En-Element, granting you either En-Fire or En-Earth level 2. Vagrant Knight Mode is a chaser - after you use two Sync abilities, chase with Crimson Alpha, Crimson Beta, or Crimson Gamma.
  • The commands: Both Sync commands deal Overflow damage. The first raises your Alpha level, the second raises your Beta level.
  • Alpha and Beta levels: At Alpha level 2, your Crimson Alpha ability deals Overflow damage and boosts your Fire/Earth damage. At Alpha 3, the boost is bigger. At Beta level 2, your Crimson Beta ability deals Overflow damage; at Beta 3, it also Imperils. Crimson Gamma's level, on the other hand, is based on Alpha and Beta levels together. When both are level 1, Crimson Gamma deals Overflow damage, but when both are level 2, it deals two Overflow hits, plus a minor Imperil, plus a minor Fire/Earth boost.

In other words, this is a Sync focused on dealing single powerful Overflow hits, that can play as either an element booster, an Imperiler, or both. If you alternate commands, you can trigger Crimson Gamma; if you focus, you can power up Crimson Alpha or Crimson Beta. You choose how it plays. It's reasonably effective in either a Fire or Earth PHY team; great for dealing Overflow damage, but not ideal for boosting Chain.

Make sense?
Jeez that convoluted. And Im not blind right? This isnt explained in game anywhere?

Looking at the three syncs and the awakenings I cant seem to justify pulling on this banner even if it is half price. Fire,ice and wind physica I have all covered its only earth that could use some help and a healer, while nice is not critical for me with Rosa, Ovelia and Elara with deceny SBs.