Quote Originally Posted by Nefarion Xid View Post
"Feh!" Prince Omar staggered from his spot in the shade to join the circle of Yeitso, the Dolod, and Orcs.

"The Dolod's affairs are their own and no one else's. Leave them be. The Dream Witches came to Al-Kazar years ago, saying they would take some of our young ones away to train in their strange arts. Feh! To ask just a thing. Al-Ashir are few and our families precious. I would not part with my son and daughter for all the gold in the Sikar. Abin barat, cousin Zidan turned them away. For good or ill, the affairs of the Ashir are the affairs of the Ashir. If the Witches are angry, let them be angry."
Ah, the Ashir, Yeitso thought to himself. Ever eager to inject themselves as arbiters of Sikar while dissuading any others from doing the same. An army of horse riders and military alliances with the Naherin and Hydra bolstered their ability to dictate terms to neighbors but the horse breeders were only nominally of the Sun while the native Vesparrese were of more pious stock. Multiple attempts to turn the riders into champions of the Sun had been shunned leaving Alodites and Ixkarr as prime competitors for the title of Celestial Champions.

"If only it were the anger of the 'Witches' with which one had to contend. Unfortunately it seems clear the Dream Speakers' powers are more vast than at first perceived causing the immolation and madness of so many young Dolod in their absence. The surrender of a few to serve another vs their deaths which serve none seems a simple choice."

"As I have already stated however, the Quluq's business is their own I offer only the Sha's aid in shouldering the burden of reconciliation and discovery of the Twilight Sight's secrets such that a repudiation of the Speakers could be done over once the Dolod no longer teetered on the edge of oblivion. I know we should not desire to conflict with Speakers, Seers, or Sentinels while an army of Blightspawn bore down upon us. It seemed only reasonable the Dolod may feel similar with no sightings of clay and demands growing louder for it."