Despite her seemingly endless optimism, Jessica can't contain a growing sense of doubt. She looks around the group uneasily, noting her companions' simple and undeniable statements that things are clearly not going to plan. She adds to that her own gnawing suspicions; the first encounter with the first wave of colonists having been a bizarre and vaguely aquatic seeming zombie has left her truly shaken.

"I- do we wait here?" After a moment, she almost visibly steels herself. "I'm not about to sit around and let whatever killed the colonists come get me next, but what do we know about the island so far? Everyone but us on it has either gone inland or gotten turned into some freakish crab zombie."

She frowns, thinking. "I'm not sure we can rely on Ramona for guidance anymore. Clearly, something has gone wrong back on the ship, too. I'm beginning to think we'll just have to pray they're alright and find out what happened here on our own."

As she finishes speaking, she retrieves one of the rations from her pack. "Didn't think we'd be into this already, but at least we have them. Let's camp near here tonight, in case the ship shows up by the morning, and if they don't... Well, we can decide that then."