"Oh. I see," Marin says. A scanner, she gets. It makes sense why it'd be added to a device like...whatever this is supposed to be. But a projector? What's a projector supposed to be used for? The catgirl starts brainstorming lots of different reasons why a projector could be useful, to see if she could figure out what this is supposed to be.
Maybe...some sort of zoom feature? she thinks. Like, those surgical robots that zoom your view in. That might help with working on particularly small things. "Okay."

The smile is a little weird, and Marin still isn't entirely convinced that this isn't just some secret cult disguising itself as something else. Sure, she knows that's got to be wrong, but it just is an unusual circumstance in a place she doesn't know, and she would feel a bit more comfortable back around Jade.

"So. I'm going to go back to Jade, then," she declares, since there apparently wasn't anything else. But, before she leaves, she adds, "Um. Thanks."

Taking the lunch box with her, she turns around to go back the way they came, to find Jade where she can tell her, "So I was given this thing, but apparently it's incomplete."