Mark walks towards the Wall with the large Map, while listening to Ptolemy, and opens a small alcove in it, taking out a rather dumpy bottle and 3 small, tulip-shaped glasses.

He walks back and sits down as well, gesturing to Scarlet to take a seat, which she does.

At the mention of Baron Ghran he nodds. "So I have heard. But he is also arch-conservative. We would also be looking towards increased taxes, and likely the stationing of a permanent squad or 2."

After Ptolemy last sentence he seems to be in deep thought, while putting the glasses on a small crate between the chairs, and opüening the waxed cork of the bottle.

"Hmmmm, well true, almost nothing ever happens here, but I thought at least SOMETHING, and I would ahve just been away whenever that happened. What might cause this?"

He pours some light amber colored liquid into the 3 glasses, and offers 2 to his guests, with the words "Might as well drink it now, before it gets taxed away. Its from the Island of Morele, southeast of Khavim. 12 years old Rum, great quality."

Saying so and taking a smal, long sip, seemingly enjoing it very much.

Spoiler: Rum
Show

The Rum has a very strong, spicy aroma, with udnertones of Dark fruits and almonds.

its also very strong, above 60%, just to make sure you know how to react^^

Scarlet sniffs, then takes a small sip ehrself. Her face seems ... undecided.

"And even if you know what caused the dearth of anything remarkable, how would that help us?"