Quote Originally Posted by Precure View Post
Judging by his flashbacks, Durkon seems to implied to be neurodivergent at some extent.
Durkon trying so hard to make sure he's interpreting Roy correctly in battle really solidified my autistic headcanon for him. And I always come back to his line from OtOoPCs "He's supposed to let me finish"--he likes there to be rules and structure to help in social situations (and every situation, really). He's overly blunt and straightforward a lot, he has to actively try to be more flexible and less passive, and this bit from the BRitF commentary:

Spoiler
Show
He was willing to look past her association with Nale, only to later discover that he was projecting morals onto her that she did not hold. It would be easy to chalk this up to him being gullible or too trusting, but that’s oversimplifying the matter. Durkon wants very much to be the sort of person who looks past surface qualities to see the true heart of everyone he meets. His mistake is thinking that if what he sees is bad, then what’s underneath must be good; he doesn’t consider that it might be even
worse. That makes him exactly the sort of person against whom hollow civility serves as perfect cover.

has always been really relatable to me, and feels very much like something someone who struggles with social cues would do--knowing you have trouble interpreting people, consciously trying to compensate for that, and erring on the side of assuming they're not actually as malicious as they might seem.