View Single Post

Thread: Keep on the Shadowfell IC

1. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Keep on the Shadowfell IC

Surrounded, the drake lashes out. It has enough combat awareness to know it can't ignore Melhved safely, so it bites her. While attack leaves yet another mark, Sarathi takes advantage of the opening to score another hit.

The gnome and halfling continue to proceed east, positioning themselves so the piles of boxes form a barrier between them and you. They also spread further apart to prevent Regan from firing arrows at both of them simultaneously again. The gnome fires an arrow at Melhved, while the halfling continues to rain sling bullets on Sarathi. Most of the shots strike true, injuring Melhved and leaving Sarathi barely conscious.

As the fire continues to spread along the roots to the south, the easternmost part fades away to reveal a pile of ash.

Spoiler: Game Actions
    Show
    D1's Turn:
    Standard: Bite at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[24] (base) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d10+3)[6] damage.
    Sarathi's pre-prepared interruption occurs. I've marked the damage of the hit on the battle map already. If this is in error, Rakaydos should undo the damage application

H's turn:
    Recharge roll can be found on the rolls thread. (His recharge rolls are on fire.)
    Move: Walk four spaces east, then one space southeast.
    Standard: Rapidly launches bullets from his sling at Sarathi.
    First Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[23] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5] damage.
    Second Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[7] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Miss.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9] damage.
    Third Attack Roll: (1d20+4)[19] (+6 base, -2 special attack penalty) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] damage.

G's turn:
    Move: Walk one space east, one space northeast, another space east, then two spaces southeast.
    Standard: Fires a crossbow bolt at Melhved.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+7)[21] (base) vs AC. Hit.
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11] damage.

The fire continues to spread. The root tiles inside the reddish gray square are just a pile of ash that's no longer difficult terrain.

Everyone will take a turn, then the enemies will take their turn. If onlie2003 hasn't taken Regan's turn 24 hours after everyone else has taken their PC's turn, then another player may take Regan's turn. In addition, I've PMed them warning about their non-participation (I wanted to send an email, but the option to do so didn't appear). See this OOC post for updated information.

Potential enemy reactions are noted below to make resolution of the turn easier.
    Spoiler: Enemy Reaction: The first time G takes damage...
    Show
    he becomes invisible.

Spoiler: Enemy Interrupt: The first time H is hit by an attack...
    Show
    the attacker must reroll the attack and take the new result.

Last edited by TurboGhast; 2020-09-04 at 07:33 PM.
    Link to true signature
    Feel free to sig anything I post, just do so in quote format.