Alen confidently strides down the stairs leading from his new massive fortress towards the festival. Many crossbow men sit on top of the battlements staring out from their various guard posts. A retinue of extremely muscular humans with cold iron weapons follow him around as well as a human in a mithral breast plate acting as guards and making sure the rabble does not get too close. Approaching the town, he smirks at seeing the old hill fort in the distance. Almost abandoned now as the wheels of progress pushed them forward, the town guard still uses it as a base of operations, mostly to keep other factions from seizing it than anything else.

The town itself is celebrating as the wood harvesting finishes for the season. Soon they would turn to working the wood into various things but for now they celebrate. The streets are lined with people as the markets overflow with things for sale and tourists. Various minor events go on around the city from street performers to tests of strength to carnival like games. Brothels are over flowing with visitors and alcohol flows everywhere. Woe to anyone who breaks the rules of this place though. Despite the festivities or perhaps because of them, many crossbow armed guards walk through the streets ever vigilant against the would be pick pocket or robber.

Now though the attention shifts to a mostly clear field just outside the town. Many temporary stands are placed around the edges of the field allow those who wish to watch a chance to see and a small wooden tower structure is set up away from these stands for rulers and other important guests to view the the fights away from the stench and sound of the unwashed masses. The inside the tower is quite opulent for a structure that is quite temporary and well decorated to show the wealth of Rkanu. Various delicacies are served by waiters and Alen's muscle-bound guards stand watch after making sure again no hidden assassin or arsonist is already in the building.

Next to the field sits several opulently dressed people. It would be easy to mistake them for merchants with how well dressed they are but the many holy symbols of various gods of wealth and the injury tent nearby suggests they are actually the medics for the injured.

Spoiler: OOC please read
Show

Ok, so the first event will be the Grand melee.

So I figure you can rp and introduce the unit you brought if there is anything special about how they look or act. I am not sure how many nations including if any npc nations showed up but once I know that I will randomly assign fights for the Grand melee.

I would also like to know OOC which events everyone has competitors for the sake of stream lining the other ones.