Spoiler: Spectators
Show
"The explorations have been going well! We have come across natives of this planet who are willing to ply us with gold in exchange for tales of the stars, and our scouts have come across something truly remarkable. Something that my father would prattle on about for no end. A plant called 'tea'."

"We do not as of yet possess what is needed to refine this in vast quantities, but we believe that, from the tales that were told about it, this will surely bring us great advancements with its apparently-magical properties."

"There are, unfortunately, those who are more hostile to us... but we will prevail."

So... I feel this is a very, very good start. That's a spicy-looking place for a second city, and the fact that it's a resource that boosts Science seems like it will be very nice combine with the hilly area to lay down some mines. A Settler is coming, right after that Warrior. The only roadblock at that point is going to be finding the stupid technology to give campuses.

Only further thing I could have wished for would be a Scientific City-state for a better jump-start, but you can't have everything.