1. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Updated through 1213
    Durkon Allotrope Thundershield, Greyview, Kraagor (as statue) (as animated statue), Minrah Elle Shaleshoe (as Large Size), Oona, Redcloak

Redcloak has now appeared in as many online strips as Nale. If Nale isn't careful, he'll lose his status as the main villain of the comic.

I've added in "alternate magical forms" entries for Team Peregrine Commander and Team Peregrine Lieutenant for when each of them were imploded, and made a couple of other minor tweaks not worth mentioning (spelling and stuff).

Edit: I'd like to revive the discussion about tweaking the categories we place each character in. Back in May, I proposed raising the threshold for who counts as a "supporting" or "secondary" character, but after 2.5 cats replied, the conversation quite understandably turned elsewhere when somebody raised the question of whether martianmister might still be alive. I think it's a question worth bringing up again, though.

Here's 2.5 cats's suggestion for a new set of categories:

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5 cats View Post
    Seems reasonable. How about...

Major: 60+
    Secondary: 30 - 59
    Supporting: 20 - 29
    Recurring: 11 - 19 (If you're feeling ambitious, make it 10 - 19).
    Personally, I think this is the best solution. I was going to suggest making the Supporting Characters bracket a bit wider, but I noticed that that would make the Secondary Characters bracket a little too small. Besides, characters like Gontor, Eugene and Sigdi seem more like Secondary Characters than Supporting ones anyway.
    Last edited by Emanick; 2020-09-05 at 11:39 PM.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.