Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Lake Beach

"Mum thinks everyone will get along, if you sit down and talk to them. I don't. No, Zara. I'm not a pacifist, but I'd rather avoid a fight than get in one." And Abi probably wouldn't fight to the death, either. Maybe until they surrender or can't fight back, but not to the death. Hopefully not the death- Abi has no training or experience in fighting, and her current abilities aren't able to help her, save possibly as a distraction.
[Lake Beach]

"Neither do I." Zara knows life doesn't work out that way. She'd never have needed training if that was the case, she figures. "That sounds too naively optimistic!" She says bluntly, but will apologize if Abi takes offense, even though she doesn't think she's lying.

"I like fighting." She responds, truthfully. "It's fun. I train back in Seaside at the orphanage, and with Karasu and her brother everyday too. I know where to hit to kill, and I know where to hit to merely pacify." No, she has no qualms about fighting to the death... that's where it gets really fun. However, being an assassin requires stealth, so there's something she can agree with Abi on. "I don't fight needlessly, though, but I know how to do it should it ever become necessary."

She grins at Abi. "I'll protect you, babe. Don't worry, I won't kill anyone that messes with you, because you don't want me to... but I'll protect you."