View Single Post

Thread: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer

1. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Reign of Winter: The Snows of Summer

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Majid looks around. Unusual to say the least. Not many non-humans around here, or skilled heroes. It bodes ill for what we may find. But whatever comes, we shall prevail. He says it as a simple fact, without a hint of self-doubt. I am of the nobility of Qadira. My family holds lands around the city and deeper in Kelesh, as well as merchant concerns. Of course, we are far from there now, but I go where the Dawnflower calls.

He nods at the little creature with interest. Hoho, rarer indeed! I am suli-Jann, a descendant of the great genies of the material plane. We are stronger than mere humans, in mind and spirit, and at one with the elements. He is obviously quite proud of that. But you, master wizard, are quite a rarity! I do not think I have met others of your kind. Wizardry is a noble pursuit of course, and eminently useful to a party of heroes. I am glad to accept your help, Master Arcatek. I would indeed be interested to hear of your spells.

---------------------
    Arcatek quickly rattles off his spell selection for the day, but seems more interested in the heritage of Majid. "Genie. That is favorable. You can grant wishes. We will surely have great success now, Aasimar Paladin! And correction of your statement: we are not afraid of felines. They are merely alarmed by our presence and react with hostility."

Fast forward to the fey discussion...
    "We have strong men with greatswords and we have magic. The fey will be defeated and we will return with the lady with 84.7% success."
    Arcatek seems to have no clue that it has just spoken for everyone with a non-diplomatic tone at best.
    Last edited by Phantom Genius; 2020-09-10 at 04:49 AM.