1. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tasha Preview, Wild Magic Barbarian and Genie Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot View Post
    I find myself repeating this often: I don't think the bad part of Wild Magic has anything to do with the contents of the table. A majority of the table is either neutral or beneficial effects, there are very few actively harmful effects and out of the ones that are only an even smaller handful of them are actually damaging. For reference, there's about 9 negative effects and only 2 of them actively damage you (or your allies) when they occur. For comparison, there are roughly 19 positive effects. The rest are superficial (leaning on positive) but serve the purpose of refreshing your Tides of Chaos.

However that's just the mechanical perspective. Nobody wants that surge that finally happens to immediately throw a dud or a fireball on you.

The worst part of Wild Magic Sorcerer (which is also removed for this Barbarian) is the DM controlled aspect. It makes more work for your DM, you'll probably have to pester your DM about Wild Magic Surges because you have literally no control over when you make one. Our Wild Magic Sorcerer is very lucky that our DM enjoys that kind of macro activity.
    Oh, I totally agree with you (it may in fact have been you I first saw point it out), but there's no denying that whatever the actual cause for dissatisfaction, the majority of people seem to blame the negative effects. It's certainly the most vocal group. And thus, it makes sense that WotC has made a wild magic table that's really more of random benefits table. And given no hint they plan to help WM Sorcs in any way.
    Last edited by Luccan; 2020-09-16 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand