1. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Tasha Preview, Wild Magic Barbarian and Genie Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    I'd just say wildmagic always triggers. Its too unpredictably to be exploited IMO, and even the advantage from Tides of Choas isn't spammable enough to be too powerful.

In one setting I've considered having all sorcerors who didn't attend the nation magic academy to have wildmagic in addition to any other archetype they choose. Its only for one setting, not a universal houserule, but no it isn't optional.
    I feel like the Wild Magic sorcerer is the greatest gotcha to houserulers in the PHB. I can't say what you and I do are houserules, because they technically aren't. We, as the DM in our games, are (preemptively) choosing when the Wild Magic Surge activates which means we're always following RAW unless we do something drastic.

Uh, that aside. I've also began considering having the activation of Wild Magic also deal with a dice roll that gets more unstable the more powerful the magic is. Perhaps something like having the Sorcerer activate Wild Magic on a roll of 10 or higher using 1d10+spell's level.
    Last edited by Asisreo1; 2020-09-16 at 09:58 PM.