View Single Post

Thread: [MLP] Cloudbreak II: Towards the sun

1. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP] Cloudbreak II: Towards the sun

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    “Alright, you want me to spell it out for you? I don’t buy your Harmony talk, I don’t buy your ‘brand new Luminark’ act, and I don’t buy that you’ll do a dang thing to help.” As if he even needed to say it! Stars above, where did he get the guts to be so dense?! “You’re happy to talk our ears off about your stupid perfect village on a stupid perfect hill, and how you can’t wait to show everybody how great and awesome you are. Thing is?” A knot of anger and acid tightened in his stomach. “Hard to believe all that when you tried to kill one of the only ponies who ever thought you were somethin’. And left the rest of us to clean up your mess. Sound familiar?”

Y’know. Like the big dumb Bunker in the grips of civil war they were barreling towards.

“Fool me once? Jerk move. Fool me twice? It ain’t funny anymore. Do us all a favor? Keep your mouth shut, and don’t try for three.”
    "Are you talking about Starlight Glimmer?" said Luminark. "Because of all the many things I regret, I don't regret that. She was crazy and needed to go down. Tell me I'm wrong. Look me in the eyes and tell me that she would have done something other than maintain her reign of torture, terror and mind control beyond a second doomsday. Perhaps you somehow never saw it. Perhaps you're the kind of pony who somehow closed his ears to the screams coming from the Friendship Patrol's dungeons. But presumably even you saw what she did to Miliway."

He was maintaining a steady tone up until that point - but there it slips. His nostrils flare and there's a flash of genuine fury within him.

"Besides," he said. "I certainly didn't kill her. I didn't even permanently damage her. I can fix her, if she somehow learns to stop being such a lunatic."
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2020-09-23 at 08:55 PM.