View Single Post

Thread: Star Trek: Lower Decks

1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    A.) Peelee.
    2.), I also brought up several other examples, including the OGs Mccoy and Spock.
    iii.) I' m not so sure about the wisdom of characterising anyone's arguments as "lolz [stuff]".
    I can agree with you on the mcoy spock thing, thats a good example and at the least is one worth arguing about as a debate point, but yeah, the ds9 example was a bad one for reasons already mentioned. The most encompassing one being the argument is that starfleet in general helps each other out, or at least doesnt actively sabotage each other, and the factors you brought up werent federation. There were federation crew conflicts, oh my yes, plenty in all the various series from tos to ds9. But even then, it was REALLY rare to see someone stab a coworker in the back out of malice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post

Since he has no foundation, no foundational anchor his critique is empty for it is merely self serving. The season 4 scene from Way of the Warrior with Quark and Garak talking about the federation, root beer, and seduction / salvation is a far better scene.
    My favorite bit of trivia is knowing that root beer scene was improv. They were literally just making it up as they went along as some b roll filler but it turned out so good that it was put in the show. I LOVED that scene.
    Last edited by Traab; 2020-09-24 at 06:41 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."