I'm a bit forced to stick with it since my partner is into it, even though I still don't find it particularly funny. Mariner is still a know-it-all insubordinate slacker and Boimler still an overeager brown-noser who would have been kicked off any competent Starfleet vessel yonks ago, but they're lucky enough to be on the Cerritos where the bar is considerably lower since the bridge crew are somehow even worse. And we're starting to see the Lower Decks crew (particularly the two of them) get more and more "bridge duty" assignments because the reality is that's where the interesting stuff in Star Trek shows happens.

Q showed up in the latest episode (reprised by John de Lancie himself) for a few gags, but it's a testament to how much more madcap the episode itself - a Reservoir Dogs style "describe the heist from multiple perspectives with various time jumps" deal - was, even more than usual, that the the cast basically waved him off with "no, things are zany enough, we don't have time to deal with you too."